To sell your home at an optimal price, we must appeal to the broadest number of buyers possible. We will look at your house through the eyes of a buyer; you will learn to assess your own house as if you have never seen it before, and together we will increase its market value before we list it.
First and foremost, the Magnificent Manors Team wants to make sure that you are never surprised by agents or buyers coming into your home unannounced while you are there. To that end, we incorporate a special code on our Sentrilock boxes. To gain access, the agent must call a member of the Magnificent Manors Team for the special code and directions on how to use it. The Sentrilock box will not open without the code or the proper sequence to putting it into the box. The Magnificent Manors Team coordinates all appointments for showings with you with the goal of minimizing disruptions to your daily routine and eliminating any agents surprising you by coming into your home without an appointment.
In addition to security, the following are just a few of the many ideas the Magnificent Manors Team we will review with you as your Realtors®.
Paying attention to the details
These smaller tasks won’t require much if any expense other than our time and elbow grease. The attention to these details will certainly help improve the value of your home. Here is where we roll up our sleeves together and polish your lovely house so its best features come through to buyers. We don’t want them distracted looking at your belongings and then forgetting everything that is special and meaningful to them about your house.
Throughout your home
- Remove all unnecessary objects from furniture
- Keep decorative objects to a minimum
- Replace burned-out light bulbs
- Put away children’s toys
- Keep pets comfortable and away from buyers
- Leave on certain lights during the day. During showings, turn on all lights and lamps
- Place fresh logs/pinecones in fireplace
- Place fresh flowers in living room and master bedroom
- Keep toilet lids closed
- Clean fireplaces to eliminate odors
- Remove rugs to showcase wood floors
In your kitchen
- Clear all unnecessary objects from countertops
- Empty cabinets of clutter to make them look more spacious
- Clear the refrigerator doors of messages, pictures, etc.
- Clean the oven, shine the floors, make sure the sink is clean, replace counter tile or grout if necessary
In your bathrooms
- Remove any unnecessary items from countertops, tubs, and shower stalls (keep necessary items in one small group on the counter)
- Check the caulking, tile and grout around tubs and showers
- Replace or clean shower curtain
- Fix leaking faucets
- Coordinating towels are a nice touch
In your bedrooms
- Check your closets: be sure lights work and clothes are neatly hung
- Store shoes or other loose items in boxes, neatly arranged on shelves
- De-clutter so buyers can see the back of the closets and the floor
Outside your home
- Replace door mats
- Tour the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discard wood scraps, extra building materials or unneeded items
- Check gutter and/or roof. Make sure gutters are free of debris. Make repairs where needed
- Inspect all plants, prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows or scraping against the house. Remove any dead plants or shrubs. Mulch garden beds
- Weed all planting areas. Keep your lawn freshly cut and fertilized
We will make sure your home looks its best! Attending to the details that make potential buyers feel welcomed and pleased to be in your house will significantly enhance your ability to generate full-price offers in a short amount of time.